Stress-Free Local Moves in Sarasota
In light of recent events with COVID-19, Davi & Valenti Movers would like to assure you the well-being of our customers and team is of our utmost priority. We’re doing our very best to keep up to date with state regulations and guidelines for sanitation as we move forward. To ensure that you have a “stress-less move” during this time of uncertainty, we’ve provided a list of commonly asked questions and answers below.
Is Davi & Valenti Movers still operating and/or considered an “essential service?”
Yes, we are still in operation, Monday-Saturday (8:00am-6:00pm). As a general rule, non-essential businesses are those that revolve around social functions/interactions or services of convenience. Even when clear guidelines are not provided, moving is generally considered essential; moving is part of the logistics/transportation industry.
What are some of the steps that Davi & Valenti Movers is taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Greeting customers with alternative handshakes
- Practicing proper hygiene when entering/leaving all locations
- Wear issued protective gear; gloves are mandatory/mask optional
- Social distancing & maintaining at least 6 feet of space from customers
- Expanded in-house sanitation; includes frequent disinfecting of box trucks/equipment
- Pre-move wellness checks for moving team
What steps should you take as a customer to better prepare for your upcoming move?
- Provide hand washing and hand sanitizer for movers
- Use new cardboard boxes; Coronavirus lives on surfaces like cardboard for up to 24 hours
- Practice safe hygiene measures; while interacting with movers, you can also wear gloves and a face mask for additional protection; your movers should also be wearing gloves
- Sanitize belongings as best you are able
- Practice social distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from the moving crew
- Be prepared for the movers; leaving open doorways and windows can increase the ventilation rate and reduce cross-infection